Home > St. Peter's Church > Music

The Organ at St Peter's

The Organ in St Peter’s Church Oadby

The instrument is a late 19th century Taylor of Leicester 2-manual instrument.

It has been rebuilt as follows:
• Taylor (1910 and 1917-enlargement)
• Walker (1961, enlargement, conversion to electro-pneumatic and re-siting of the swell box turned through 90 degrees to speak down the north aisle)
• Peter Collins (2003 enlargement and fitting of a solid state transmission)
• Iain Harvey (2011-13 remedying the less successful aspects of the 2003 rebuild: remodelling the Gt mixture and re-siting and revoicing of the new Gt trumpet/clarion)


The organ is presently in the care of the excellent Iain Harvey of Charles James Organs, Bury St Edmunds. It sounds extremely good and has everything one could wish for in a large, 2 manual and pedal instrument.
 

 

Pedal:
Contra Bourdon 32’
   (from Bourdon and
    Lieblich Bourdon)
Bourdon 16’
Leiblich Bourdon 16’
   (from Sw)
Bass Flute 8’
Open Diapason 8’
    (from Gt Open No 2)
Octave Flute 4’
Trombone 16’
Great:
Open Diapason No 1 8’
Open Diapason No 2 8’
Claribel 8’
Principal 4’
Flute 4’
Twelfth 2 2/3’
Fifteenth 2’
Mixture II-III
Trumpet 8’
Clarion 4’
    (The trombone, tpt and
    clarion are one unit)

Swell:
Lieblich Bourdon 16’
Open Diapason 8’
Lieblich Gedact 8’
Salicional 8’
Celeste 8’
Gemshorn 4’
Mixture II
Oboe 8’
Trumpet
Tremulant

  • All the usual couplers, “subs and supers” and Gt to Ped reversible toe piston, Gt+Ped comb. stop
  • 6 General, 6 Sw, 6 Gt thumb pistons
  • 6 Sw, 6 Ped toe pistons